Friday 29 June 2012

Medellín - Home for the next six weeks

Finally in Medellín! I am unable to quell the butterflies in my tummy, but most of the fear has turned into awesome anticipation!

All absurd worry about being stuck in Medellín's airport melted away when I was greeted by 4 very sunny and enthusiastic AIESEC-ers! Geff, David, Laura and Jose :) With that warm welcome, we piled into a car and drove to the city. José María Córdova International Airport is about 30 minutes away from the main city of Medellín. 

View of Medellín from the inside of  the car

I am staying with Marío Vargas, the director of EAFIT Social (more about that later)! He has a neat and modern apartment, and i have a sweet little room. I heard from Isabel (my most energetic and slightly mad buddy from AIESEC EAFIT) that Mario bought pillows and blankets from me prior to my arrival - how lucky I am to be in such generous and kind hands!


The enchanting view of the night from my window

Mario himself was away in Begota due to work, so I only saw Mafe and Ana (his daughter and cousin) initially. They're close as sisters and they really went all out to make me feel at home. Thank goodness they speak English! I am already beginning to adore the pair. 


Having survived the flights, transits, and met the AIESEC-ers and my new 'family' and home, I feel insanely relieved. All that worry and fear prior to my trip, from going to a new and unfamiliar place - all gone! Before my Dad flips and starts ranting about my ignorance and lack of street smarts, I promise I will be alert when I am travelling and such! But still, I cant help feeling safe and assured  :)

Ah, Colombia!

30 hour flight left me grotty and exhausted, so I'm gonna knock out after taking a shower!

(26 June, Tuesday) 

No comments:

Post a Comment