Friday 29 June 2012

30 hour Journey by Air: London - Madrid - Miami - Medellin!

26June 9am (GMT+2, Madrid)


Kicking this blog back into action with my last adventure of the year before I return to sweet ol' Singapore! A true 'first' for me - flying and being in an unfamiliar place all by myself. Still giving me butterflies as I think about it. 


All aloneMadrid's shiny terminal through the night (12 hours transit!), reading The Hunger Games 

Check out this amazing 30 hour flight itinerary -


I suppose I'm almost halfway through!? 

Am writing this offline now at Madrid, just checked in my luggage and sitting at MacDonalds, 'chilling'. Awfully tired, having spent an entire night sitting in the empty airport and having just dealt with an unexpected crisis - having to make a US visa at the last minute because I was transiting in Miami. What easy cash! I'm surprised US is still in crisis with all these sneaky money sapping procedures Obama puts us through.

Feeling slightly more alert with iced coffee from Macs! Adiøs till later!


27 June, Tuesday night (GMT -5, Medellin)

Arrived safe and sound in Medellin, thank goodness! I feel oddly proud of myself.

Met this cute excited 11 year old girl Iciar (pronounced E-thi-ar) from Madrid who was travelling to Denver all by herself. Puts me and my fears right to shame really. She gives a yelp of excitement every time the plane jerks!



Iciar Benavente

What a pity only to transit at Miami! Upon landing, I saw Miami glowing under the brilliant sun rays. Everyone whipped out their sunglasses and donned flowing skirts and straw hats - I felt very out of place in my leather jacket and boots.


Miami - from the plane window

Next, a short 3 hour transit before my next flight to my final destination COLOMBIA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment