Sunday 1 July 2012

Day 3: Medellín's Nightlife!

 29 June, Friday 

I am really falling in love with Medellín, everyday has been like an endless action movie to me. I love everything about this place -  the yummy variety of food; the fun and friendly people; the exotic dances and cultures; the mountains littered all over Medellín's landscape; the fabulous skies..

The most bewildering thing about Medellín is that you can find chickens and horses sharing the street with Porches.

What's not to love?

Today I visited Ana's house - a big cool and posh condominium. The housekeeper also prepared just about the most delicious lunch ever.

Typical Colombian Fare

 The view from Ana's balcony:




I am really lucky; I know some of my friends doing exchanges are not exactly in the best hands. One is suffering from poor over-crowded living conditions; another suffering from neglect of the trainees. I hope things turn around for them!

At night I went to where nightlife happens for Medellin - Parque Lleras. There are dozens and dozens of bars, restaurants, cafes and discos (otherwise known as 'clubs'). I felt quite bad because Mario had to drive me to my friend's house and then he brought me there! Parque Lleras was buzzing with life! Went to an Irish pub to chill.


Parque Lleras

David who had to drink lemonade because he had vaccinations  ha!

The Irish pub
It was pretty cool, got home at 3am and had to wake up at 630am because we were going to Parque Avrí!

And to show off Mafe's (fashion student) amazing creations:

So pretty!  
First jacket she ever sewed!
Tomorrow, the most amazing park! 

No comments:

Post a Comment