Tuesday 26 April 2011

The Delegation Meetings


So Momo brought me to two delegate meetings yesterday, and i was so excited!! Even though I was just the girl in the corner scribbling notes furiously, I absolutely loved attending these sessions. :D 


The first delegate meeting: 
What: Presentation and Information Session about Singapore's economy  
Who: 35 Africans from the National Defence College in Kenya
Where: Little Red Dot room at IE. 

It was pretty interesting, Momo gave a presentation about Singapore, and then there was a Q&A session where Momo and this guy from MTI answered questions fielded by our guests. 

The guests seated in a classroom setting
 I was pretty impressed by Momo, since he said he gave the speech spontaneously and prepared the presentation just before during lunch!!! If there is anything I learnt through my internship and interviews, presentation skills are everything. I hope I could become a fluent and inspirational speaker in future :D

Kenyans getting brochures and name-cards from the front

At the end of the session, they presented Mo with a sweet plague to thank him/us for his time. The totally awesome thing is, they gestured towards me at the back of the room to come forward too! They then presented me with this awesome Kenyan necklace: 

Made with Kenyan Stones!!

I was so happy and honoured!!!! Kenya and the Kenyan people are fabulous! Their stones are fab too. 


The second delegate meeting
What: Information and Discussion Session on Singapore's economy and the aviation sector
Who: Three top South African officials from the Civil Aviation Authority
Where: Boardroom at IE

BEFORE

Listening intently to the presentation

When the session ended
 From these meetings I noticed something.

1. African men are all bald! I hope that doesnt come across mean, I am just so very curious! I bet you are nodding your head in agreement and scratching your hair in puzzlement now too!

Yahoo Answers - Why are most African men bald?

That's cool. The hair curls up and sits on their heads as little balls, making them look bald. I shall observe more closely next time.



I would love to share more about my work and perspectives, but I am not sure if it's confidential! Later I get screwed by government. (okay MAYBE i am being paranoid)

:D


No comments:

Post a Comment