Monday 9 May 2011

Nike Run!

Was a long long day yesterday!

In the morning I had a training session to be a facilitator for Famine Camp 2011, organized by World Vision!


Am quite excited to go on a 30day fast with rowdy hungry kids! I would emerge glowing, toxin-free and with milo-breath!! (We're only given milo in the camp) 


We were given a tour called Dialogue in the Dark at Ngee Ann Polytechnic. Amazing! We had white canes, and walked in total utter darkness. It was freaky so I didnt fight the urge to grab whoever I could feel around me. I also tripped a few people (accidentally!) with my cane. Thankfully nobody knew it was me in the dark :D My group was lead to a traffic junction and a marketplace. Had to grope a yellow (so we were told) car, post boxes, spices, oranges, etc and had to cross a road.

It was a weird experience. Felt like i forgot to breathe and forgot how to move, the moment sight was taken from me..


And then I had the most most fabulous Nike 5k Goddess Run!!! We were treated like healthy sporty (smelly) goddesses!

Throngs of Goddesses going up our blue sedan

I think... that's..

Pink signs and pink balloons everywhere..
The run started at Marina Barage looped around the golf courses and rivers around Marina Barage - Very pretty scenes! Too bad I didnt run with my camera so no photos there.. (Yes I was planning to be a hardcore runner)

We ended on the green rooftop of Marina Barage, to the breath-taking skylines and kites flying in the air, a noisy concert (Utt was hosting!!), Ice-Cream and a pastry buffet. Yes we were worshipped. 


I'm no pro but this photo is pretty!! (Do not say it is blurry)

Those dots are kites.. 

Mats for the Goddesses to lay on



OOH YES THE FOOD

Honestly though er girlsz rulesz,  it was a bit too much. Pink everywhere.. Banners of 'Running is a b*tch!' or 'Girls just do it better!' everywhere. All the helpers were boys! They were stationed everywhere clapping and encouraging us and handed us flowers at the end of the race!!
There was also a throng of male Bangla supporters cheering. HAHAHA I kept laughing. They gave us each a present, a pretty black box wrapped by pink ribbons...


They gave us presents!

What was inside the box - a jewelry stand. 
Loved the race, had the time of my life, adore the freebies - would definitely do it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment